The daVinci® Surgical System is the world’s most advanced, minimally invasive, robotic assisted surgical treatment option available today. It provides an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting our skilled urologists at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform.
Drs. John Henry, Constantine Harris and Shawn White are currently performing robotic surgery at The Reading Hospital and Medical Center in West Reading, Pennsylvania.
Robotic Radical Laparoscopic Prostatectomy
If your physician recommends surgery to treat your prostate cancer, you may be a candidate for this less invasive surgical procedure called the Minimally Invasive Prostatectomy using the daVinci® Surgical System. This treatment method, when compared to traditional prostate surgery, provides patients with many benefits.
Some of the patient benefits include:
- Less Pain
- Shorter Hospital Stays
- Less Blood Loss
- Less Scarring
- Small incisions
- Faster Recovery Times
Other urologic robotic surgeries performed by the daVinci® Surgical System include:
For more information:
- Link to an article from The Reading Eagle, www.readingeagle.com
- Link to The Reading Hospital and Medical Center’s daVinci® Urologic Surgery page, www.readinghospital.org
- Link to a website which provides more information about the daVinci® Prostatectomy, www.davinciprostatectomy.com
- Link to patient education brochure on daVinci® prostatectomy.
- Link to daVinci® Prostatectomy video.
Please call our office at 610.372.8995 to schedule an appointment to see if you are a candidate for robotic surgery.